The Greater Newry Area Employee Awards (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Newry Chamber of Commerce & Trade.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us your personal information by filling in forms on our site, using plugins, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you complete a form on our site, subscribe to a newsletter or service, order products or services, upload content, and/or participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site. The information you give us may include (but is not limited to):
- your personal name and address;
- your business name and address;
- your email address;
- your phone number;
- your financial and credit card information; and/or
- supporting evidence for your application in photographic, text or graphic form.
Please note: It is your responsibility to ensure that any data you provide us with is GDPR compliant, and where relevant, that you have permission to upload supporting evidence on behalf of your company, employees and/or clients to which it relates e.g. KPI analysis results demonstrating increased Revenue/Sales/Online Engagement etc, Photographs, Certificates, Reviews/Customer Feedback/Testimonials, employee information.
Information we collect about you.
Each time you visit our site or interact with the emails we send to you, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your browser type and version, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit, including the URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages, resources and/or products you viewed or searched for; page response times, errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction, and methods used to browse away from the page.
- information about your interaction with our emails, including whether you have opened the email, the number of times the email is accessed, and your interaction with email content including the links you have clicked.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we or any of our group companies operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways (the following lists are not exhaustive):
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to enable you to access the content and functions available via the site, provide you with any products and services you request, and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- to provide you with information (prior to having obtained your consent) about other resources, materials, goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already accessed, purchased or enquired about, or that we feel may be of interest to you.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to process payments for our products and services. For audit purposes, your purchase history information will be kept for seven years, however sensitive payment details will be deleted within three months of successfully processing the transaction.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site; to allow you to participate in interactive features, when you choose to do so;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about content, goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information (including personal data) with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them for you. This includes (but is not limited to) the following suppliers:
- Google Analytics and search engine providers who enable us to monitor the usage of our site and the demographics of our visitors, which helps us to improve and customise our site and assists us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- MailChimp, a supplier which provides us with a mail system to enable us to provide you with customised newsletters and updates.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.-
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers which are password protected.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking (or omitting to check) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com and please state the site it is in reference to.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. We have the right to refuse requests to access information in cases where such requests are excessive and
A cookie is a small file containing text which is written to your hard drive and contains information about your use of this site. Cookies do not contain any personal information about users. Cookies enable us to collect useful information and to improve your experience when accessing and using our site.
The cookies we use on our site include:
We use this service to improve your experience across the sites
- runs in the background and drops one or more cookies to your computer, or handheld device. It helps us measure how you interact with our websites content by tracking your user journey and site interactions. The cookies store non-identifiable information about your browsing history, we use this data to analyse patterns and trends to help improve your experience.
- stores non-identifiable data about you such as, visits, pages views, time on site, and the journey you take through the site.
For more details on Google Analytics please visit their website http://www.google.com/analytics/
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our site, you can do this through your browser settings. The “help” function within your browser should provide information about this. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Thank you for visiting our site.